(Page last updated October 6, 2015)
Chapters 18 – 32 “Evolution and the Origin of Species” through “Asexual Reproduction ”
Buy Print Version USD $39.20 (paperback, grayscale, 515 pages) Lulu.com ISBN: 978-1-312-39533-6
Download PDF (free)
Contents Volume 2
Chapter 18: Evolution and the Origin of Species
Chapter 19: The Evolution of Populations
Chapter 20: Phylogenies and the History of Life
Chapter 21: Viruses
Chapter 22: Prokaryotes: Bacteria and Archaea
Chapter 23: Protists
Chapter 24: Fungi
Chapter 25: Seedless Plants
Chapter 26: Seed Plants
Chapter 27: Introduction to Animal Diversity
Chapter 28: Invertebrates
Chapter 29: Vertebrates
Chapter 30: Plant Form and Physiology
Chapter 31: Soil and Plant Nutrition
Chapter 32: Plant Reproduction
Plus chapter summaries, review questions, critical thinking questions, answer keys, key terms by chapter, embedded supplemental learning links.
Advantages of Adopting this Textbook:
- Price. PDFs are free. Printed books only $39.00*. Funds beyond costs go to the evaluation and creation of additional free and inexpensive printed open textbooks.
- Comparable biology textbooks cost $180 – $225.**
- Class relevant. Adopt only the volumes you need. Make the textbook yours.
- Comprehensive with current content.
- Pedagogically enhanced.
- Authored and reviewed by the academic community.
- Original textbook prepared, published, copyrighted, and released with an open license (CC BY) by Rice University’s Openstax College.
- Text is available in various e-formats at Rice University’s Connexions (cnx.org)
- Open licensed. Fearlessly copy, print, remix. Add to it. Take away. Rearrange. Create class-specific content. (Textbook Equity can help you with that.)
Advantages of Buying a PRINTED Copy
- Easier to read and navigate.
- You have the right to give or sell the book to others.
- You can mark it, copy pages, tear out pages, and use it for kindling.
- It looks more impressive on your bookshelf than a blank, dusty space.
- You can read it anytime you wish, even decades later.
- There may be a secondary market.
- Honestly, you know the benefits of having a ” hard copy.”
Features of All Volumes
- Chapter summaries.
- Review questions.
- Critical thinking questions.
- Answer keys.
- Key terms by chapter.
- Embedded supplemental learning links.
- Attributions, credits, and textbook provenance.